I absolutely love starting a new month. It brings a fresh new perspective, a new set of goals or dreams to accomplish and I have so much ENTHUSIASM and excitement with an attitude of “Let’s GitRDone”. It has been about a year ago, I was sitting on the porch at my favorite Bed and Breakfast “Inn on The Creek” in Saledo, TX where I just googled the words “Make Things Happen” and it brought me to a fantastic website, entrepreneur, writer, blogger Lara Casey. www.laracasey.com she has designed six months of worksheets that really resonated with me. I encourage those who like to make lists or dreams to check it out. She is really big on “Takin Time Out” to reflect on what truly is important in life. Setting goals for 6 month and breaking it down monthly to accomplish them. Other time management tools encourage this but she just has a style that speaks to me and makes it fun. I like to be ENTHUSIASTIC and have fun in all I do!
June is the beginning of summer to me, school is out and even though I haven’t been in school for over 35 years, the fact that I was once in school programmed me with the idea that June is a happy time, dedicated to having fun and having lots of adventures. Yes, even my kids are grown and no longer in school but now that I have grandchildren I enjoy watching how they discover and enjoy life so much more. Is it their innocents, lack of worry and stress, being carefree, I just love it. It is like our lives get a little simpler, days are longer, we are relaxed and we are more alive. Does anyone else feel that way? My ENTHUSIASM is on an all-time high…I have so much I want to accomplish and enjoy by being in the warm weather, fresh air and festive activities that summer offers. Even though we live in Texas and use our BBQ Grill year round, the flavor through the summer months is so much more distinct than others to me. Maybe it is all the fresh locally grown veggies, herbs and family time. The food we eat to me is even lighter, brighter and has that robust ENTHUSIASTIC flavor. Does this resonate with you too?
I encourage you to take note, let your mind expand be a little more ENTHUSIASTIC and enjoy the simple pleasures life has to offer as you to begin this new month and season of summer. Find ways to improve your health take a few more walks or increase the length of time you may be already walking. My goal is at least 10,000 steps daily. As you walk especially if you are outside, look around and notice the simple things, the beauty in all that God has created, the different colors even green has different shades throughout the landscapes and textures. What about the birds and squirrels or perhaps you live in the country and there are rabbits, roadrunners or field mice. Also, listen what noises truly come to life rather than just being a background noise, truly listen and capture the singing of a bird. As I am sipping on my cup of Hot Green Zen Tea this morning I hear a mockingbird, a whippoorwill and another one I am not quite sure what it is. Later this evening around twilight I will enjoy watering my potted plants and flowers. I have even seen a few lightening bugs flittering around and of course it wouldn’t be June without the June bugs. My dog gets a big kick and a little more ENTHUSIASTIC as she tries to play with them.
As I look at my busy schedule I know June will fly by just like this whole year seems to be doing. I am embracing each day as I face challenges and little interruptions I wasn’t expecting. But I am also very ENTHUSIASTIC as I have new beginnings, new opportunities, and new adventures in this life. It is all in my attitude and gratitude as my smile seems to deepen, my laughter increases and my heart is more open each day. I am here to discover the riches that life has to offer and find what brings true contentment and enrich my purpose here on earth. My passion, inspiration, creativity and drive are on its all-time high. If you are having a little trouble with this I encourage you to maybe do the following to improve your ENTHUSIASM towards life or a special project you are dreading to do:
1) “Takin Time Out” is key to stop and breathe…focus and get centered. Truly find yourself it is really hard to go through life trying to be someone else or trying to live their life. If that is truly not YOU or how God has truly wired you then STOP right now and quit it. To channel that internal gusto, you gotta be YOU first and foremost no one else.
2) Figure out why you are lacking ENTHUSIASM. Is it truly lack of energy, have you had a physical lately? Are you drinking plenty of water? Are you sleeping well at night? Are your health causing issues… please check it out if you physically do not feel well? Maybe it is mental, you may need to talk to a professional in this area or hire a coach to figure out why you lack ENTHUSIASM. It could be the weight of guilt, remorse, loss of loved ones or past failures. Again this is where a support group or licensed professional counselor can help you have a new perspective towards life. Look around and are you surrounded by negative people? This can also drag you down, start building boundaries and finding new friends or a job that brings energy and ENTHUSIASM back into your life! Maybe it is as simple as volunteering at your favorite place, nursing home, pet rescue, childcare or church. It does make a difference when you focus on others rather than just yourself. No more pity parties reach out to someone less fortunate than you.
3) Start feeding you mind and soul each and every day with positive affirmations. As I have stated in previous blogs, I have to start each morning in the Word of God and prayer. The Bible is my tool in feeding my mind, my heart and soul…it truly helps me face the curve balls in life and prepares me to listen when the Holy Spirit is speaking so I can be the hands and feet of Jesus when someone is in need whether a helping hand or a kind word or gentle touch. It is part of a strong commitment being in constant communication with the one who designed and created me to be ME! Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power; for you created all things and by your will they exit and were created.”
4) Define and truly believe your goals in life. Create your bucket list no matter how old you are. I firmly believe we all have purpose and should live it day in and day out until the day we die. It’s great to be carefree and fun and enjoy each day but when you add a little ENTHUSIASM to the mix it becomes contagious to those who you come in contact with. It brings a higher or more vibrant level of energy. Do you not agree?
5) Don’t let the past define your future. Learn from past failures or disappointments but do not let them paralyze you from moving forward…take the initial steps in healing and know each day is a new beginning. I love Joel Osteen’s vision, “The car you drive has a large windshield, but only a relatively small rearview mirror. The implication is obvious: What happened in your past is not nearly as important as what is in your future. Where you are going is much more important than where you’ve been.” God will help you overcome all difficulties, all tragedies, all sorrows all heartaches, all addictions and he will give you victory if you will just ask, have faith and believe with ENTHUSIASM.
I could go on and on but it’s time to get ready for work and finish up my goals and tasks for the week. Wahoo we then have the weekend. What’ in store for you? As you are “Takin Time Out” stop and think of how you can approach life a little bit more ENTHUSIASTIC, especially if you have a job or task you are not looking forward to maybe be a bit more creativity in making it a game, ask for help, add some fun to the mix and before you know it Poof it’s complete! I love the quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, “ENTHUSIASM is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. Nothing great was ever achieved without ENTHUSIASM.” Until next time my dear friends…please remember ENTHUSIASM makes life exciting, creative and can be soooo contagious to others…Go out and make a difference TODAY with zeal and ENTHUSIASM!